Vastu, a very old Indian science of structure has recommended how mankind can stay in tune with nature and gain out of it without disturbing the eco-balance.
Vastu Shastra is the Vedic study of architecture, which follows certain principles and is aligned with certain beliefs. It is akin to the Oriental belief of Feng Shui. Vastu rests on the conception that every living and non-living thing on Earth has a soul. And souls react to the magnetic forces covering the Earth. By following Vastu principles people believe they stay in harmony with the cosmic energy, thus positively affecting their lives.
Vaastu shastra is an ancient science which helps one to get the natural benefits freely offered by the five basic elements of the universe in which we all live. These basic elements are Akash (SKY), Prithvi (EARTH), Paani (WATER), Agni (FIRE), and Vayu (WIND)
Domestic Vaastu :
- Green or yellow and a sour plot of land is said to be favourable for businessman, commercial places and financial institutions. Sweet, plain, fragment and a hard plot of land is suitable for building.
- Slope towards north or east is said to be favourable. slope of the roof should be in north east corner.
- An underground source of water, a well, a pond or a tap with a flight of stairs to the surface of water situated north, east or north east corner of a plot is said to be auspicious.
- A plot between two bigger plots is not said to be auspicious.
- A rectangular, circular or gomukhi plot of land is said to be auspicious in domestic vaastu. On the circular plot the building to should be in circular shape.
- Paths on north or east to the plot are auspicious.
- A temple, pillar or a ditch in front of the building is not considered to be auspicious.
- A basement should not be constructed under a resiential plot.
- The height of the ceiling of every story should be of 12 feet. it must not be less than 10 feet.
Commercial Vaastu :
- The owner of the commercial house should sit in south, west or south - western portion in such a way that he should be facing north or east.
- The goods in the shop and showroom should be kept in south, west or north east.
- No beam should be there over the cash counter, above the owner or the manager.
- Entrance of the main office should be facing north or east.
- Canteen should be built in Ageny Kona only.
- Gates of all cabins should be open inwards.
- Reception room should be near the entrance.
- Decorative plants and flower pots can be planted in north, east or north - eastern part of the reception room.
- Dining hall in a restaurant should be built in its western part. If necessary, it can be built in south and east also.
- Room for patients should not be built to the south of the hospital.